The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) was created by a collaboration of public service organizations, progressional medical associations, and government agencies (listed below).
National Breast Cancer Awareness Collaborating Organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Medical Women’s Society
- AstraZeneca Healthcare Foundation
- Men Against Breast Cancer
- National Medical Association
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
The following National Corporate Companies have played a notable role in the progress of the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month movement. Doing their part to promote this awareness, these companies have all developed distinguishing programs and/or products to get their customers and communities involved in raising awareness and funds:
- The Pampered Chef
- Lady Foot Locker
- Dress Barn
- Tanger Outlets
- Paul Mitchell
Thanks in part to these companies efforts, more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors living in the U.S. will celebrate another birthday this year.
How will your raise breast cancer awareness this year?